Jaipur (Rajasthan), Oct 20 (ANI): While the entire nation was drenched in festivities of Diwali on Thursday, farmers of the Ninder Village buried themselves partially in pits to oppose acquisition of their land, in Jaipur. The farmers, who are staging a ‘Samadhi Satyagraha’, chanted slogans against the Jaipur Development Authority (JDA) and demanded revocation of the decision. The JDA had allegedly acquired over 1,300 acres of land and since then the farmers have been protesting against it in various ways. Since then, several talks between JDA and the farmers have failed. The village farmers remain adamant that JDA should revisit their properties and conduct a survey to seek residents’ opinion.
- Next story People sabotaged and arson against drug businessman murder and girl kidnapping in Bihar
- Previous story CM Shivraj Chouhan performs Govardhan Puja
- Caught on cam: Man beaten up by miscreants in Chittorgarh
- Elphinstone Road station in Mumbai renamed as Prabhadevi station
- CRPF 187 Battalion plants Chinar trees to curb valley’s pollution level problem
- FBI chief says Russia continues to ‘sow discord’ in the U.S.
- Naxals allegedly destroy school, students forced to study in 1 room