New Delhi, Apr 19 (ANI): The protest of Tamil Nadu farmers entered its 37th day on Wednesday. Voicing their demands, these farmers wore torn clothes and carried empty water bottles, symbolising their plight, and drought-like situation which is prevalent in their state. Hundreds of these farmers have been protesting at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar demanding that their loans be waived off by the Centre. They have also been demanding drought relief package of Rs. 40,000 crores since March 14. Their other demands include unification of water bodies, setting up of a Cauvery Management Board and a 50 percent raise in profit margin for the farmers.
- Watch: Tamil Nadu farmers continue agitation with torn clothes
- Sonu Nigam should’ve talked about all religions, not just Azaan: Gul Panag
- Let’s not misinterpret and give it religious tinge: Sunil Grover backs Sonu Nigam
- DMK, AIADMK engage in war of words over governance
- 6 dead after fire breaks out in electronics factory