Ooty (Tamil Nadu), Dec 31 (ANI): MGR centenary celebration kick started on Saturday in Ooty. The celebrations turned out as a political rally with thousands of workers from various parties coming together. Addressing the gathering Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami praised about MGR’s service to the people. He also spoke about former Prime Minsiter J. Jayalalitha and stated that she was the only woman who gave all her jewelery to former PM Lal Bahadur Shastri during the war with Pakistan. He also announced that 1 lakh scooters will be distributed to woman at 50 % subsidy on Jayalalitha’s birthday in February 2018.
- Next story Security tightened ahead of New Year celebrations
- Previous story Novak Djokovic pulls out of Qatar Open
- Queen Elizabeth owns how many swans? Annual count gets underway
- Activist Swami Agnivesh Attacked Allegedly By BJP Workers
- Bjp Supporters Attack Policemen After Narendra Modi’s Rally
- During milk agitation in Maharashtra, workers of farmers organization set fire to a truck
- 17 Men Raped Girl For Months, Thrashed By Lawyers In Court