Varanasi, Oct 18 (ANI): The banks of Ganga river in Varanasi were illuminated on Wednesday evening when thousands of earthen lamps were lit by hundreds of people on the eve of Diwali festival. As a part of the rituals, millions of lamps lit on river banks, as it is believed that the gods descend on earth to bathe in the holy river. Hundreds of devotees converged on the banks of the river to mark the celebrations by lighting earthen lamps.
- Richard Branson targeted in $5 million scam
- Watch: Thousands of earthen lamps lit at ‘Ganga ghats’ on Diwali eve
- Watch: Rashtrapati Bhavan adorns multi-coloured lights on eve of Diwali
- Watch: ‘Men in uniform’ celebrate Diwali by dancing, lighting diyas
- As forex crunch cuts, Zimbabwe bans fruit and vegetable imports