New Delhi, August 05 (ANI): After Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led National democratic Alliance’s (NDA) candidate M. Venkaiah Naidu was appointed as the Vice President of India, a felicitation ceremony was held at his residence. Naidu’s wife along with various other party leaders were also present during the ceremony. He got 516 votes out of the total 760 valid votes. He was contesting against Gopalkrishna Gandhi, who has served as Governor of West Bengal, who got only 244 votes.
- Next story Tillerson arrives in Manila ahead of regional meeting
- Previous story Watch: PM Modi felicitates Venkaiah Naidu
- Cong will raise cow vigilantism issue in Parliament: Mallikarjun Kharge
- CWC row: Congress in pathetic state, says BJP while RJD sides with the party
- Watch: ODRAF personnel rescues senior citizen from flooded river
- Govt made Rafale deal in best interest of the country: Ananth Kumar
- Trump warns Iran to ‘never threaten the U.S.’