Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Oct 31 (ANI): Waterlogging triggered by heavy rains continued to paralyse normal life in Chennai on Tuesday. Pedestrians were seen wading through ankle-deep water in streets while motorists drove their vehicles at slower speeds. The downpour triggered waterlogging in many areas, especially in residential colonies, causing several schools across the city to remain shut. The MeT authorities, on Monday, predicted widespread rainfall over the interior parts of Tamil Nadu and heavy rainfall was also expected over the course of the day.
- Next story Watch: Cops hold liquor party in holy city, violate prohibition
- Previous story AP Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu meets state financial officers, orders timely implementation of state budget
- “Amit shah’s letter is full of lies, half truths and arrogant attacks”: CM Naidu
- Cadets hit out at Rahul Gandhi over his NCC remark
- Fire breaks out in godown in Delhi’s Swaroop Nagar, later doused
- CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan congratulates state farmers for Krishi Karman Award
- Virginia student says ‘never again’ for black female victims