New Delhi, July 24 (ANI): On the eve of demitting office as the thirteenth President of Republic of India, Pranab Mukherjee on Monday addressed the nation for the last time as President and said the poor must be empowered to ensure that the fruits of development reach the last person. The outgoing president added that the social inclusion would ensure access to the fruits of progress to all. Good governance would provide the ability to people to shape their own lives through transparent, accountable and participatory political institutions.
- ‘We must empower the poorest of the poor’: Pranab Mukherjee in his last address as President
- Rashtrapati Bhavan became ‘Lok Bhavan’ under President Mukherjee: PM Modi
- Politicos give mixed reactions on Hurriyat leaders arrested for money laundering
- ‘When I speak to you tomorrow, it will be as a citizen’: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Phelps beaten in shark ‘race’