New Delhi, July 24 (ANI): On the eve of demitting office as the thirteenth President of Republic of India, Pranab Mukherjee on Monday addressed the nation for the last time as President and said the poor must be empowered to ensure that the fruits of development reach the last person. The outgoing president added that the social inclusion would ensure access to the fruits of progress to all. Good governance would provide the ability to people to shape their own lives through transparent, accountable and participatory political institutions.
- Next story Pop singer Bono meets French president at Elysee Palace
- Previous story Rashtrapati Bhavan became ‘Lok Bhavan’ under President Mukherjee: PM Modi
- Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland to go to polls next month, results on March 3
- AP government inks MoU with NITI Aayog to develop online dashboards for backward districts
- Telangana Home Minister inaugurates Skill Development Centre
- Attack on class-1 student: Parents protest outside school
- Pakistan suffered heavy damage in BSF retaliation firing: Director General BSF