National Sports Day in India is celebrated on August 29, the birthday of Dhyan Chand, one of the greatest field hockey players of all time. Dhyan Chand won gold medals for India in Olympics in the years 1928,1932 and 1936. On this day, matches are organised between different Indian hockey teams at the Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi.
- Next story Helicopter rescues Houston residents trapped by flooding
- Previous story ‘Stay Fit’ with fitness expert Bindiya Sharma
- Wall St suffers biggest drop in 6 weeks
- Medellin’s youth find gang salvation in the ring
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier’s wife visits Taj Mahal
- 25 tortoises rescued from Gaya railway station
- Shami gets clean chit by BCCI’s ACU, wife’s lawyer says “allegations were never about match fixing”