New Delhi, Apr 29 (ANI): Here is some exciting news for all Saif Ali Khan fans as one of his best roles till date; Langda Tyagi is all set to get a spin-off. The ‘Rangoon’ star’s act as a conniving foul-mouthed anti-hero in Vishal Bhardwaj’s 2006 crime-drama, ‘Omkara’, which was an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Othello, has now earned him a solo outing. Sources close to Bhardwaj’s production house reveal, “Omkara surprised critics and viewers alike, with Saif receiving accolades for his performance. No one could have pulled off the character like he did. The script for the spin-off is currently being written. There have been multiple propositions on how to create the narrative. The story will put the spotlight on how this man became the way he is.” Writers Abhishek Chaubey and Robin Bhatt, along with Bhardwaj, who wrote the original, will script the new film. Reportedly, Saif has already given his nod to the ‘Haider’-filmmaker. ‘Omkara’ also starred Ajay Devgn, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Bipasha Basu Singh Grover.
- Next story Teams from around world put routines on display at World Cheerleading Championships
- Previous story Seven of family dead after car collides with container
- President Kovind hosts banquet for Seychelles counterpart, PM Modi, EAM Swaraj in attendance
- Ben Affleck, Lindsay Shookus take relationship to next level
- Trump claims ‘a lot of progress’ in Middle East
- Any order of court, NGT will be strictly abided by: NBCC Managing Director
- I dedicate my award as tribute to Sridevi: Nawazuddin