Sahibganj (Jharkhand), Aug 22 (ANI): Four women were attacked by a mob on the suspicion of being braid-chopper in Jharkhand’s Sahibganj. While one woman was killed on the spot, police managed to save the three others who are under medical observation. The villagers pelted stones on the woman and thrashed her with stick until she died on the spot. The angry mob also attacked her 12-year-old son who was left half-dead after being thrashed brutally. District Commissioner of Sahibganj, Shailesh Kumar Choursia appealed to people to not believe in braid-chopping rumours. The police reached the spot and had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the enraged crowd. The braid-chopping rumors have been prevalent across the nation since past few weeks and numerous people have been mob lynched on suspicion of being the culprit.
- Next story KT Rama Rao lays foundation stone of new flyover
- Previous story Death toll rises to 284 in flood hit Nepal
- Thousands of Russians attend Nemtsov memorial marches
- Dolce & Gabbna Show – Women’s Collection Autumn/Winter 2018/19 in Milan
- Indian film industry saddened by Sridevi’s demise
- DRDO successfully tests flight indigenous Rustom-2 drone
- Andhra Pradesh focusing more to skill up in technology: AP IT Minister Nara Lokesh at CII Summit