Nepal’s Parsa district have asked Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba led government to fulfill demands of Madhesi people before holding final phase of local polls in the region. Nepal is scheduled to hold third and final phase of local elections on September 18 in the Terai region, where the Madhesi and other minority communities are demanding amendments in the constitution. They are the first local elections after 20 years and the first to be held since the promulgation of the 2015 constitution.
- Next story Tolerated everything to save ‘mahagathbandhan’: Nitish Kumar
- Previous story Nepal MP threatens to quit if Madhesi demands not met
- Jal Nigam recruitment scam: SP leader Azam Khan refutes charges of corruption against him
- France’s Macron calls on U.S. to engage world, reject nationalism
- Giant sloth vs. ancient man: footprints reveal prehistoric hunt
- Armenians protest as acting leader suggests new elections
- Family Of Asaram Rape Case Witness Unhappy With Verdict