Poonch/Udhampur, Aug 06 (ANI): Scores of women on Sunday tied rakhis to soldiers ahead of the ‘Raksha Bandhan’ in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir. The soldiers expressed their gratitude towards the women and hailed their efforts for celebrating the festival with them. They also thanked villagers for making them a part. In another goodwill gesture, students visited Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir to tie rakhis to soldiers, who have been deployed for the security of the pilgrims of Amarnath Yatra.
- Women celebrate ‘Raksha Bandhan’ with soldiers at LoC
- India vs Sri Lanka: Ravindra Jadeja suspended for Pallekele Test
- ‘Silent protest’ held outside UAE embassy over terror funding allegations
- Aamir Khan contracts swine flu, skips events for a week
- Chicago to sue Trump administration over sanctuary city funding threat