Varanasi/Nagpur, July 23 (ANI): While Team India is hitting their straps ahead of the ICC Women’s World Cup Final today, a group of Varanasi residents performed a ‘hawan’ for India’s victory. The residents held the tricolour and offered prayers while the hawan was performed. Mother of Mona Meshram, one of the key players, also expressed her excitement for today’s match. After back-to-back victories against Australia and New Zealand, Indian women’s cricket team is set to take on England at The Lord’s in London today. During the ongoing championship, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced a cash reward of Rs. 50 Lakh for each player for their tremendous performance. The board also declared that the support staff will be given a cash reward of Rs.25 lakh each.
- Women’s World Cup 2017: Wishes pour in ahead of India-England big clash
- Jared Leto pens heartfelt letter to his friend Chester Bennington
- Football camp in Ukhrul a hit among budding sportsmen
- Armed guards deployed to prevent tomatoes’ theft as prices skyrocket
- 24 Kawariyas, 4 ITBP personnel, 2 policemen injured in stone-pelting