Varanasi/Nagpur, July 23 (ANI): While Team India is hitting their straps ahead of the ICC Women’s World Cup Final today, a group of Varanasi residents performed a ‘hawan’ for India’s victory. The residents held the tricolour and offered prayers while the hawan was performed. Mother of Mona Meshram, one of the key players, also expressed her excitement for today’s match. After back-to-back victories against Australia and New Zealand, Indian women’s cricket team is set to take on England at The Lord’s in London today. During the ongoing championship, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced a cash reward of Rs. 50 Lakh for each player for their tremendous performance. The board also declared that the support staff will be given a cash reward of Rs.25 lakh each.
- Next story Durga Vahini trained with arms in a program organized by VHP in Assam
- Previous story Jared Leto pens heartfelt letter to his friend Chester Bennington
- Team Sky crossed ‘ethical line’ to enhance Wiggins performance – UK parliamentary report
- ‘The New Delhi Night Walk’: Thousands participate for women safety
- Oscars 2018: ‘Dunkirk’ wins award for Sound Editing and Sound Mixing
- Nidahas Trophy 2018: Men in blue arrive in Sri Lanka
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet