To commemorate the upcoming 2017 World Men’s Handball Championship in France, members of the organising committee hike to the summit of Mount Blanc with the trophy
World Handball Trophy taken to top of Mont Blanc
SHOWS: MONT BLANC, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 21-22, 2016) (MOUSS PRODUCTION – ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS OF CLIMBERS WALKING THROUGH SNOW ON MONT BLANC
MONT BLANC, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 21-22, 2016) (MOUSS PRODUCTION – ACCESS ALL) (MUTE)
2. VARIOUS OF CLIMBERS MOVING UP ROCKY OUTCROP ON MONT BLANC
MONT BLANC, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 21-22, 2016) (MOUSS PRODUCTION – ACCESS ALL) (NIGHT SHOTS)
3. VARIOUS OF CLIMBERS PREPARING FOR FINAL ASCENT
4. VARIOUS OF CLIMBERS ON WALK WITH HANDBALL TROPHY ATTACHED TO BAG
5. TROPHY IN BAG ON CLIMBER’S BACK
MONT BLANC, FRANCE (SEPTEMBER 21-22, 2016) (MOUSS PRODUCTION – ACCESS ALL)
6. VIEW FROM MONT BLANC OF ALPS
7. VARIOUS OF CLIMBERS GOING UP FINAL ASCENT TO SUMMIT
8. VARIOUS OF CLIMBERS ARRIVING AT SUMMIT
9. VARIOUS OF CLIMBERS CELEBRATING REACHING SUMMIT
10. PHOTOGRAPHER TAKING PHOTOGRAPH
11. TEAM POSING WITH TROPHY ON SUMMIT
12. VIEW FROM SUMMIT
13. HANDBALL TROPHY ON SUMMIT
STORY: A group of intrepid climbers reached the summit of Mont Blanc on a gorgeous, sunny morning with a very special mascot in tow.
On Thursday (September 22), members of the France Handball 2017 organising committee, alongside other members of the French Handball Federation, reached the summit of France’s highest mountain with the 2017 World Men’s Handball Championship Trophy.
With less than a hundred days to go before the start of the competition on January 11, the team marked the occasion in dramatic fashion, hiking to the summit of Mont Blanc, one of the most iconic peaks in the world and the highest point in Western Europe.
France are the reigning champions having beaten Qatar in the 2013 final in Doha and have won three of the last four world titles.
However, they were stunned in the Olympic final at Rio 2016, losing 28-26 to Denmark.