constable Jaswant Singh, who lost his life in Pulwama encounter, was held with full honour in national capital on Sunday. The ceremony was attended by Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju and other dignitaries. At least eight security personnel were killed and half a dozen others wounded on Saturday after a group of heavily armed militants stormed a police base in Jammu and Kashmir’s southern Pulwama. The militants, believed to be fidayeen, had attacked a camp close to the District Police Lines. Militant organisation Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Next story Markets flooded with colourful flowers for Onam
- Previous story PM Modi urges teachers to transform, educate young minds
- Rahul Gandhi again shows his devotional side, visits temple, church and dargah in poll-bound Karnataka
- Potato farmer allegedly ends life, family seeks Government aid
- Cleaners take out thousands of ‘notes to God’ at Jerusalem’s Western Wall
- Employee injured after package explodes at FedEx facility
- Caught on cam: Armed robbers loot Rs 18 Lakhs outside bank