constable Jaswant Singh, who lost his life in Pulwama encounter, was held with full honour in national capital on Sunday. The ceremony was attended by Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju and other dignitaries. At least eight security personnel were killed and half a dozen others wounded on Saturday after a group of heavily armed militants stormed a police base in Jammu and Kashmir’s southern Pulwama. The militants, believed to be fidayeen, had attacked a camp close to the District Police Lines. Militant organisation Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Next story Markets flooded with colourful flowers for Onam
- Previous story PM Modi urges teachers to transform, educate young minds
- Automobile enthusiasts flock to vintage car rally in Delhi
- Olympics fire festival entertains visitors
- Thousands of demonstrators protest around Munich Security Conference venue, against ‘weapons deals’
- Winter festival to boost tourism begins in Pahalgam
- Watch: BSF soldiers assist in shifting woman post delivery