New Delhi/Manipur, Oct 12, (ANI): Football fever has gripped the entire nation as the FIFA U-17 World Cup tournament is underway. Football has taken a centre stage and the Indian U-17 team has grabbed headlines as for the first time ever in the history, the Indian team is being led by young sportsperson from the northeastern state of Manipur. When it comes to football states like Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, West Bengal, Goa bags the limelight as it is considered as the powerhouse of soccer. Eight players out of the 21 players including Captain Amarjit Singh Kiyam from the tiny state of Manipur constitute the Indian squad of the tournament.
- Young players from the Northeast region set a benchmark in FIFA U17 World Cup 2017
- Items by visually impaired artisans a hit with customers at Diwali fair
- Actual challenge was not just to behave like Shakti Kumarr but to feel like him: Aamir Khan
- Trump hails rescue of U.S.-Canadian family in Pakistan
- Free after five years; U.S.-Canadian family rescued in Pakistan