Surat (Gujarat), Jan 13 (ANI): Authorities at Sarthana Zoo in Surat have installed room heaters outside the enclosures of animals to keep them warm at night, when the mercury can dip by over 10 degrees Celsius. Zoo animals are the worst affected by changes in temperature as they have been displaced from their natural habitats and kept in places where the temperatures may not be favourable to their bodies. The animals spend their day out in the sunlight and sleep in closed rooms in their enclosures at night. Apart from heaters, bulbs have also been installed in several bird enclosures. The heat from the bulb filament keeps the birds warm.
- Zoo installs heaters to keep animals warm
- CM Raman Singh inaugurates five-day long mega health camp in Raipur
- Are you a racist?’ Trump questioned over ‘s***hole’ remarks
- Schoolchildren make merry as harvest festival celebrations begin
- Crisis-hit Venezuela, chocolate production becomes economic lifeline